Snow leopard or Win. 7

Reaction score
I am struggling figuring out which I want for the future as I am going to be buying a new desktop soon

I want something that I wont have to do scans and a load of fixing up as I probably wont have the time or patience for it anymore.

Would a mac be for me or should I stick with windows.

Try to sway me into the right direction

One more thing to add im not a gamer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Perhaps it's too early to tell for sure, but my bet is that Windows 7 is going to be plagued with the same old ongoing problems that every Windows OS has had; missing dll files, corrupted file directory, missing drivers, spyware, viruses, trojans, etc. If you want to avoid almost all the headaches, switch to Mac.

OP
U
Reaction score
I just dont want to deal with bugs viruses spyware or fixing the registry doing scans etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Sounds like OS X is for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini late 09 version
Good FUD there George

Considering he doesn't want to do much ... anything will do.

Might want to consider Linux as well, it's free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I would get a Mac. You can then have the best of both worlds. You can use mac for your every day use and not have to worry about doing scans and such, there is no registry and you will feel very conformable with it.

And the big plus is, Windows 7 is only about 130 or so right? So you can then just dual boot your mac if you in the future you the need to use windows every once in a while if something arises. You can't put Mac on a regular PC though, so that might sway your decision.

It seams like the Mac would be best for you, but all-in-all in generally comes down personal preference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
PowerBook took the words right out of my mouth. Get a Mac and then you can run both.

Reaction score
Love my Mac Mini. I have both Snow Leopard and Windows 7 on it. What more do you want? hehe....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Windows is pricey and needs "scans", etc... Linux is free and doesn't. Mac is somewhere in between - not cheap, but no scans. Then again there's openSolaris whic I personally have had some fun playing with lately. All of those will run on most x86 hardware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.