MacBook Pro 15" not sleeping automatically

Reaction score
Hey guys, well I've checked everything in Energy saving Pane of System Preferences, and performed all tests I could find on the Apple support site, but my laptop wont sleep. the display sleeps, but after that the whole thing is supposed to sleep and just doesn't. The light just stays solid and doesn't pulse.

Any Idea's

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)? See the following Apple KB article: Link If that doesn't work, look for an application or process that's keeping the machine from sleeping.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
What about shutting down and booting into another User - will it sleep then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2009 aluminum uni-body, Intel 2.66Ghz, 4GB Ram, 320GB HD
Do you have Windows Live Sync installed? That program, it's great, but it prevents my Macbook Pro from sleeping. Here is how I diagnosed it. Go to terminal and run this command: "sudo fs_usage -e -f filesystem|grep -v CACHE_HIT|grep -v grep|grep write"
(remove the quotes). The output of this command will tell you exactly what is writing data to your hard drive. WLS is writing constantly, even though there is no activity in the WLS monitor, and no recent file changes.
I have found my PROBLEM, I just don't know the solution, yet. I have heard of and app called "pleasesleep", but I don't think I should need an app to make my computer sleep!

Jeff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.