help! i broke my macbook screen, replaced it, and now its extremely dim!!

Reaction score
My screen broke so i ordered a new one off ifixit, i took the broken one out and replaced it with the new one and now it is extremely dim, i tried pressed the dimming buttons, and that isnt the case, you can even see where to type, any solutions on what i did wrong or how to fix this?!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You probably have a mismatched inverter for the replacement screen. I would contact ifixit and see if they can supply you with the correct one.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed with CWA.

One question though. When you press the up and down brightness buttons, does it change the screen brightness at all? Is it lit at all or so you need external light to see it?

OP
S
Reaction score
it doesnt change it at all, its really really dim, i think its the blacklight that isnt working.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are you sure all cables from the display to the Macbook are plugged in properly? Either it's what CWA mentioned or the inverter is not getting current.

There is a possibility they shipped you a LCD with bad inverter or backlight, but I would hope that is not the issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.