Ram Upgrade

Reaction score
Okay so I purchased my macbook around 2007 with 2gb of ram, and I was wondering what I had to do to get my ram up to 4 gigs. Obviously buy more, but what kind? and how much room does my laptop have to put more ram into it? I'm guessing I would need 2 sticks of 2gigs of ram. What kind am I looking for? Screen shot of about my mac is below.

69244662.tif

macbookpross.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Go to:

OWC

...and get a 4 gig ram upgrade kit.

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
Can my laptop handle 4 gigs? I guess i'm just looking for a data sheet or if someone could tell me the maximum possible that I could have? Or point me in the right direction.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can my laptop handle 4 gigs? I guess i'm just looking for a data sheet or if someone could tell me the maximum possible that I could have? Or point me in the right direction.

Your computer can be upgraded to 4 gig of ram...but it can only address 3 gig of the ram.

Of course your next question is why...and here is the answer:

Why are the MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" models limited to 3 GB of memory? If I install dual 2 GB modules, why won't I be able to use 4 GB of RAM? @ EveryMac.com

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.