iPod Classic getting held up between songs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" LED-Backlite display, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 512MB VRAM, 320GB HD
So I just got my hands on an 80 gig iPod classic and every once and a while I've noticed that (either shuffle or playing through an album) the iPod will start playing the next song then pause then continue playing again as if it's trying to catch up to itself. Sometimes it's worse and when playing the next song it will start playing pause then start playing again pause and skip completely over the song and begin playing the next one...

I have tried wiping the drive completely and starting brand new, I've tried syncing the iPod with iTunes and adding songs manually and it seems to have no effect on it...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Have you also reinstalled the iPod OS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
Could be an issue with the Hard Drive. Possibly a mechanical failure. Is it still under warranty? Might want to get it looked at if it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.