Is There Anything On Osx That Will Show Me Memory Usage When Running Programs??

J

jaycee74

I Am At Work, I Have Gig Of Ram And A Certain Web Program Is Slowing My Mac Down. I Also Have Quark, Illustrator And Photoshop Open. I Want It To Show Me How Much Memory They Are Using At That Very Time. On A Pc With Xp There Is An Ongoing Graph That Shows You How Much Ram Is Being Used Is There Anything Like This On Osx, If Not Can I Download Anything??

Please Help!!

Jon

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
There is such a feature just for this in Mac OS X. It's called the "Activity Monitor" located in the Utilities Folder in your Application Folder. Once you launch the utility, in the menu bar go to "Monitor", then click on Show Activity Monitor.

OP
J

jaycee74

My Activity Monitor Wont Open????

iWhat said:
There is such a feature just for this in Mac OS X. It's called the "Activity Monitor" located in the Utilities Folder in your Application Folder. Once you launch the utility, in the menu bar go to "Monitor", then click on Show Activity Monitor.

I HAVE DOUBLE CLICKED, IT TRIES TO OPEN THE STOPS.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Just restart the computer, and see if that solves the problem. Or you might have to verify/repair permissions and restart the computer again. Since I'm not sure how long you have had your mac, I'll just tell ya quick how to get to this permissions thingy. Applictions Folder-> Utilities Folder-> Disk Utility.

OP
K

Kokopelli

Or it is opening without a visible window. Check your dock to make sure it is not running. If it is truly not running then repair permissions and reboot.

Reaction score
There is a pretty neat free applications called MenuMeters. It puts your CPU usage, memory usage, and hard drive usage meters up by the clock, it is really tiny but very nice to have. You can set the meters to display a bunch of different ways depending on what you like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
why thank you so much for that :D my mac has been slowing a little since i first got it and was woundering if it was a lack of ram.

nice and simple display like it should be

OP
K

Kokopelli

jaycee74 said:
I Am At Work, I Have Gig Of Ram And A Certain Web Program Is Slowing My Mac Down. I Also Have Quark, Illustrator And Photoshop Open. I Want It To Show Me How Much Memory They Are Using At That Very Time. On A Pc With Xp There Is An Ongoing Graph That Shows You How Much Ram Is Being Used Is There Anything Like This On Osx, If Not Can I Download Anything??

Please Help!!

Jon

Is there a reason you capitalize every word? I am not intending criticism, I am just curious.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.