HDMI to Mini Display Port Adaptor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
To connect a PS3 to a 27" iMac you need a HDMI to Mini Display Port Adaptor. I have been unable to find one but have found out that Belkin announced they had made one. There are no signs of a Belkin HDMI to Mini Display Port Adaptor anywhere on the internet. Does anybody know anything of this? Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
OP
Mint
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
I was linked to that page from somewhere else. It looks as if they are Mini Displayport to HDMI rather than HDMI to Minidisplay port. :S

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Ah, yes. Wasn't thinking. Those are not bi-directional.

I'd look to monoprice to be one of the first out of the gate with it though.

Send them a request for the adapter/cable. The more they get, the more likely they'll be to do it. They will definitely be the cheapest around also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Not to rain on your parade, but an adapter won't work anyway. For some reason, only native displayport devices can successfully connect to the new iMacs. There was widespread comments on the internet shortly after the new iMac release that HDMI/Dispplayport adapters will not work correctly. Maybe it's been fixed since I heard about this, but you may want to check it out before spending any money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
did you get the 27" iMac yet? i am still waiting on mine to ship

OP
Mint
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
Not to rain on your parade, but an adapter won't work anyway. For some reason, only native displayport devices can successfully connect to the new iMacs. There was widespread comments on the internet shortly after the new iMac release that HDMI/Dispplayport adapters will not work correctly. Maybe it's been fixed since I heard about this, but you may want to check it out before spending any money.
There is a lot of uncertainty with the whole idea of using a 27" iMac as a display for a games console and I really wish I could find an official answer. I guess we will all just have to wait for something to pop up. Whether it be an official announcement from Apple or the release of an adapter that has been confirmed to work.
did you get the 27" iMac yet? i am still waiting on mine to ship
Yeh they got it in at my local PC World 2 days ago but already had it in stock at other PC Worlds at least a week ago. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.