• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Problem with Final Cut Pro

Reaction score
Hey Guys I'm new to this forum hope someone can help with this problem.

I'm having with a problem with Final Cut pro, when I try to open it it keeps on saying "Final Cut quit unexpectedly" I hit relaunch every time and the same message keeps coming up so Final Cut Pro wont open.

I tried to reinstall it from the .dmg file but when I try to open that the message I get is 'the following disk images failed to mount, reason: no mountable file systems"

Anyone know how I can solve this or reinstall Final Cut Pro without hassle. I need to get FCP back up and running ASAP

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
One common thing to try is to remove (or rename) the FCP preferences file from your Library/Preferences folder.

Why would you have a .dmg file. You should have original DVDs for FCP.

OP
T
Reaction score
OK the "Final Cut Pro User Data" folder in library/preferences, if I delete that will it help the problem. I use an external 1TB drive as the scratch disc so should I change some of the Final Cut pro folder on that too.

I really need to get this problem solved and I'm stumped I have no idea how to fix it.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I was speaking of the com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist file. I hadn't realized Apple has a folder in there too.

I don't think changing the drive scratch disc should make a difference for this problem. Although if the problem is caused by some kind of permission issue, then it would be worth a try.

You may want to do further research on Apple's FCP forum because there is a lot of expertise there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Mia Yuan: The only problem is - the OPs FCP appears to be crashing on launch, not during footage ingest which is where the perian bug shows its ugly head. Besides, as it appears the OP has a not-fully-legal copy of FCP, I think that may have also had a hand in why this thread was allowed to fade into the past (see post 1 which references using the .dmg files to install, FCP is on DVD only, so unless the OP for some reason made .dmg files of the discs, he's probably not using a legit copy)...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.