• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What are your favorite bands/artists?

Reaction score
Hi
Just thought I'd start a music thread to see what everyone likes around here. My favorite bands/artists are: of Montreal, Sunset Rubdown, Interpol, Arcade Fire, Matt and Kim, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Death Cab for Cutie, Pixies, Muse, Reverie Sound Revue, The Cure, Devotchka, Broken Social Scene, Ladytron, and more of Montreal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
Rush, Iron Maiden, Queen, Meshuggah, Demon Hunter, Metallica...and...George Strait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Way too many to list... Here are a few...

Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Green Carnation, Enslaved, Tristania, Persuader, Ulver, Black Sabbath, Mazzy Star, Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions, Muse, Elliott Smith, the Velvet Underground, Emperor, Ensiferum, Beseech, the Posies, Mad Season, um... yea. Very disjointed and broad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Spinal Tap ;)

Spinal Tap is Cool! :D

If I listed all I like here the forums would go TILT! :D

I like everything from heavy metal to Classical and most in between and that is why it's hard for me to name a bunch of artists as I like so many. I am really into guitar, so most of my favorites are guitarists.

Reaction score
I'm a fairly eclectic person when it comes to my taste in music. Currently, I enjoy bands and artists, like:

Modern-day artists:
Matchbox Twenty/Rob Thomas
Green Day
Toby Mac

And a few others I can't think of at the moment..

80s:
A-Ha
Rush
Journey
Yes

There's a lot more than that, but that's the gist of what's on my MP3 Player. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" imac,4GBram,extended keyboard,wireless mouse,19" second monitor
Dang, I feel outta place here with what I have seen so far.:[

Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum (probably misspelled there) come to mind as well as Brooks and Dunn, et al.

Non Country is probably Trans Siberian Orchestra for me. :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum (probably misspelled there) come to mind as well as Brooks and Dunn, et al.

Hey, don't feel out of place. You like what you like and that is the important thing! I love Trans Siberian also. The country musicians I like are guitarists like Chet Atkins, Merle Travis and many others.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro

No worries. I am a huge fan of older country. I love me some Johnny Cash!

Reaction score
Fleetwood Mac
-Stevie Nicks

The Who
The Beatles
The 'Stones
Aerosmith
Foreigner
3 Doors Down
America
Heart
Pat Benatar
Joan Jett
Jimi Hendrix

Some Christmas stuff:

Neil Diamond
The Beatles (again)
The Beach Boys
TSO
Mannheim Steamroller
Stevie Nicks (though she only did one song)
Nat King Cole
Nancy and Frank Sinatra

Reaction score
Trans Siberian Orchestra is one of my favorites as well. I practically grew up on their Christmas music (yeah, I'm young)!

I also forgot to mention that I enjoy Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac (specifically "Go Your Own Way", I just love that song for some reason), Boston, and some other classic rock bands as well. For Country music, Keith Urban is pretty cool.

Has anybody here ever heard of John Denver? I love his song "Prisoners", as well as several others. Like I said in my first post, I've got an eclectic taste in music!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

The country I like isn't really modern/90s radio country... Richard Buckner, Hank 3, Willy Nelson, and some old Johnny Cash, good stuff like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Spinal Tap is Cool! :D

If I listed all I like here the forums would go TILT! :D

I like everything from heavy metal to Classical and most in between and that is why it's hard for me to name a bunch of artists as I like so many. I am really into guitar, so most of my favorites are guitarists.

Dude, heavy metal is classical. Ever listened to Borknagar, Enslaved, Emperor, Cradle of Filth, Tristania, the Sins of Thy Beloved, or anything like that? I got my degree in music theory and history... I analyzed metal songs for every report I had to do that the topic wasn't specified.

Reaction score
Trans Siberian Orchestra is one of my favorites as well. I practically grew up on their Christmas music (yeah, I'm young)!

I also forgot to mention that I enjoy Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac (specifically "Go Your Own Way", I just love that song for some reason), Boston, and some other classic rock bands as well. For Country music, Keith Urban is pretty cool.

Has anybody here ever heard of John Denver? I love his song "Prisoners", as well as several others. Like I said in my first post, I've got an eclectic taste in music!

Ah. I like Stevie's "Dreams" and "Landslide". And I guess "Rhiannon". Lindsey's "Go Your Own Way" is like rock and roll all the way. ;D

And some solo's of Stevie (spanning from 1981 to present day): "Edge Of Seventeen"; "Stand Back"; "Planets of the Universe"; "Sorcerer"; and her entire album set in general. My first Stevie album was "Timespace: The Very Best of Stevie Nicks". I got to say, she's one of the best female artists from the 70s and 80s still alive and rocking out today.

Boston..I LOVE Boston! Especially "Foreplay/Longtime". I'm okay with Keith Urban but I much prefer Reba McEntire.
:Smirk:

Reaction score
I LOVE Boston! Especially "Foreplay/Longtime".

That's one of my favorite songs by them as well! I also like "More Than A Feeling". Heck, I like all of their songs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2 x Quad Core Xeon 3.0, 8 Gb RAM, 4TB Storage, 8800 GT
Its very hard to answer such questions. Lately I' ve been listening a lot to John Coltrane and Miles Davis!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Been listening to In Flames a whole lot recently. Also Oh, Sleeper and The Famine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.