Firefox & Trackpad scroll.

D

Dookie

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here it is anyways.
For those who experience firefox's annoying go back and forward page in the browser with the trackpads (horizontal scroll), here's a solution.

In Firefox, type about:config into the address bar and hit return. This gives you a list of all possible configuration options. The ones we want are those that start with mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey. Make the following changes by double-clicking the appropriate option in the list:

* mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.action => 0
* mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.sysnumlines => true

Hope this helps. :biohazard

Edit: Ok I took the link down but just posted what is needed...hope this is better. I got this info from Kevin Bullock aka TheMystic from macosxhints.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
thanks for the info, useful for those with laptops, though I think posting a link to another forum is rude and somewhat inconsiderate of the people at this forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Dookie said:
For those who experience firefox's annoying go back and forward page in the browser with the trackpads (horizontal scroll), here's a solution.
excellent tip. thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
thank you for that. that is the main reason that i did no use firefox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.