Windows 7 + Imac "27 = another problem than the black screen

Reaction score
I just got my Window 7 today, and I started my Window 7 installation this morning, I got it working the first time round. Window 7 installed and everything but I notice that I partition the Hard Drive too small, so I went back onto my Mac OS and started up Bootcamp and deleted my Window 7 so I can redo it. But I forgot to set my Main Disk to start up, so I was stuck in the boot up and unable to identify a disk, so I hold option and started it up and had to reformat my MAC OS because it didn't even show up the first time and changed the format from MAC OS Extended Journaled to MAC OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled) and I got my MAC to reinstall.

So I switch the format back to default of MAC OS Extended Journaled (?) and then try to install Window 7 64 bit again, I got up as far as removing the ATIKMDAG.SYS and then rebooted and then I came to the setup window normally, but then a Window Install Error pop up, no numbers, simply says "installer cannot proceed because it restarted suddenly, or there is an error in the system" and I have tried this several times also trying to install the 32 bit.

Just now I deleted my Window 7 partition and reformatted my MAC OS HD and the current format my hard drive is on is MAC OS Extended Journaled. The problem I'm facing right now is that an error pops up before I can get into the entering the product key (Setup) and beyond. I have done it once but it won't work a second time. HELP PLEASE! :Sleeping:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Antiglare MacBook Pro 2.66GHz Core i7 8GB RAM 1TB HDD
has anyone found a solution to this problem? I am having the exact same problem and it just baffles me!

Reaction score
hello everyone.
i would also like to share my problem and ask for some help.
i installed windows 7 using bootcamp v 3.0, when they were not officially supported by apple, on my new imac 27 and i experienced the common no sound problems ,no isight camera problems with the magic mouse.
so i waited for bootcamp 3.1
now that it has been released i cant find a way to fix the problems without having to uninstall and reinstall windows 7

any help wpould be appriciated.

thanks you in advance...

Reaction score
hello everyone.
i would also like to share my problem and ask for some help.
i installed windows 7 using bootcamp v 3.0, when they were not officially supported by apple, on my new imac 27 and i experienced the common no sound problems ,no isight camera problems with the magic mouse.
so i waited for bootcamp 3.1
now that it has been released i cant find a way to fix the problems without having to uninstall and reinstall windows 7

any help would be appreciated.

thanks you in advance...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.