Profile Issues

Reaction score
Hey all, hope you can help!

I bought a 24' I-Mac second hand. Whenever I restart the machine it wipes my profile and deletes all progs etc that I had stored on the machine (inc updates!).

PLease help!

Also - when performing a disk check it shows the following error:
Permissions differ on "private/etc/postfix/main.cf.default", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -r--r--r-- .
Repaired "private/etc/postfix/main.cf.default".
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
When u got the iMac did u do a clean install of the OS or just set up a new User on the currently installed OS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
There are a number of posts on this forum re;
Permissions differ on "private/etc/postfix/main.cf.default", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -r--r--r-- .
Repaired "private/etc/postfix/main.cf.default".
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.

and when i buy a used Mac i do a clean install but if you want to access some current files then try 'Archive and Install' then you can access old stuff if need be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.