Can't find "Network"

Reaction score
So, I let family member borrow my Mac. Well, that's the last time I do that as:
FinderHelp.png

..Network is not shown. I went into My Power Mac (labeled as "Christopher's Power Mac G4) and went into Network there, but it has nothing in it. I have stuff I need to access on a network drive, and I've already been to Go>Connect To Server and typed in the name of the drive, but it didn't connect. What address exactly do I have to enter to access the drive or is there a different way to do it? I don't know much about networking, so any help here is highly appreciated. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If you select desktop so you have Finder in menu bar top left then select preferences under Finder then clicking the Sidebar icon will allow you to select which you want to show under 'SHARED'

OP
C
Reaction score
If you select desktop so you have Finder in menu bar top left then select preferences under Finder then clicking the Sidebar icon will allow you to select which you want to show under 'SHARED'

Sorry I'm a bit late on replying. Thanks. I found it.

As for keeping it there everytime I log in...

When I do log in, I have to go into Finder, Network then click on the drive. Is there a way for the drive to automatically show up on the desktop and in Finder when I log in? Or does that require some sort of AppleScript/Automator or Terminal hack?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Okay Chris never lend money, your computer or your wife, in that order!

You are using Tiger. Do you have the Dock displayed? If so click on the System Preferences icon, the gear wheel, and you should see Network under Internet and Network?

OP
C
Reaction score
Okay Chris never lend money, your computer or your wife, in that order!

You are using Tiger. Do you have the Dock displayed? If so click on the System Preferences icon, the gear wheel, and you should see Network under Internet and Network?

Okay the first part, I have no idea where you got that from. LOL

Second part, what I meant was, I'd like to access the network drive right when I log in, rather than having to dig through Finder, then Network to find that the computer hasn't found the drive (after about ten seconds or so, it finally pops up, and then I have to click on it, enter a name and a password, then authenticate that.) In Windows on the other hand, it's there in My Computer immediately . Do you see the dilemma?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.