Trouble installing Windows via Boot Camp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Hi there!

I am trying to install Windows XP Home Edition on my 13.3" Apple Unibody Macbook! I have done this before with Windows 7 RC 1 but it does not seem to be working this time!

I can start the set-up (where it copies all of the files to my partition (NTFS Formatted)) but then when it's done that my Macbook restarts and boots into Mac OS X and doesn't carry on installing Windows XP!

Wondering if I'm doing something wrong so any help would be great!

Thanks!

Reaction score
I think you need press ALT key to select which partition to boot off to continue the installation of Windows.

On earlier versions of Windows esp. XP, you have to install Windows XP on FAT32 partition before it can be converted to NTFS. Check the Boot Camp install manual.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Does that copy of XP have SP2 on it?

OP
G3XOI
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
I think you need press ALT key to select which partition to boot off to continue the installation of Windows.

On earlier versions of Windows esp. XP, you have to install Windows XP on FAT32 partition before it can be converted to NTFS. Check the Boot Camp install manual.

Okay thanks, I'll give that a go! Didn't think it would be hard so didn't look at the manual!

Does that copy of XP have SP2 on it?

Yes it does!

Reaction score
You really need to follow that manual. Many aspects of the install are counter-intuitive. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.