Macbook Applications Constantly Freezing/Crashing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook
Hi everyone, my apologies in advance for inevitably sounding dumb, (or posting this in the wrong place) but, I've had my 13-inch Macbook since late April of this year, and I noticed pretty soon after I installed Snow Leopard, my computer started running pretty slowly, and over the last week or so it's gotten worse. If I try to upload a picture to Flickr, open a blog with any kind of photo or video, etc., Safari freezes, and I'm constantly having to force quit. The same thing happens in iTunes sometimes when I try to add album artwork to any songs or videos. It just seems like it can't handle more than one program being open at a time. Pleeease tell me this isn't normal? I absolutely love Apple and my Macbook but this is getting ridiculous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
hey same problem here... i got the 13inch macbook and installed the snow leopard update, but unfortunately my apps (previously working just fine) crashes! this has never happened before and the speed-boost that apple brags isnt really there but on the contrary apps start to lag.
for example, when you load web pages with video feeds or flash right it lags. or when you run games it lags when you open/close it...

yeah and the new quicktime right though it really looks a lot better than previous versions, it sometimes leaves this screwed up mosaic (like a corrupted video) on your top left corner of your screen like something went wrong!

but the worst thing i gotta say is that apple.com doesnt have a feedback section and after so long they havnt released a patch that addresses the problem...

PLEASE. APPLE. DUN TURN INTO ANOTHER MICROSOFT AND RUIN OUR APPLE EXPERIENCE!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I don't know if either of you have solved your problems, but first off, run through this, and post back with results, and specifics.

Diva.bear... also try updating to this combo update even if you are already on 10.6.2 and also download OnyX to perform regular maintenance and select the automation option.
I'd also try using Firefox instead of Safari.

godsdecree .....Download VLC and use instead of Quicktime.
Apple has taken care of all your concerns with this combo update
Use OnyX to do regular maintenance and select the automation option.

Once again, post back with the results after some updates and system maintenance.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I don't know if either of you have solved your problems, but first off, run through this, and post back with results, and specifics.

Diva.bear... also try updating to this combo update even if you are already on 10.6.2 and also download OnyX to perform regular maintenance and select the automation option.
I'd also try using Firefox instead of Safari.

godsdecree .....Download VLC and use instead of Quicktime.
Apple has taken care of all your concerns with this combo update
Use OnyX to do regular maintenance and select the automation option.

Once again, post back with the results after some updates and system maintenance.

:)

And nothing more be said my good friend ;)
Except welcome to both of you and i hope you enjoy your stay .......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I just hope that it's not too little too late.....
The thread dates back to 7/11/09 (US 11/7/09 LOL) and somehow it got missed!
I only found it by chance after responding to a thread by diva.bear and checking what her other thread was.
Reminds me of one of my threads, http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/172238-intermittent-error-noise-funk-default-tone.html, which to this day I never got a solution, and the only response was a few days ago by someone having the same issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
DUH

LOL i only followed suit BC you replied :) Didnt even look @ date

Baaaaaa feel like i sheep ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.