Continuing power issues on MBP (interesting read)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
So in February my first gen Macbook Pro exploded and electrocuted me, not a literal explosion there was no flames but there where some pretty big sparks and a lot of smoke. The whole side of the case was singed and the power adapter melted. ANYWAY Apple fixed it, as it was under warranty at the time, similar thing happened again about 3 weeks later, but not so extreme this time (no melting and only small sparks not much smoke).. so apple fixed it again.

Now, the thing just turns off randomly, normally in under a half hour. At first i figured it was over heating but it never hits over 120 degrees fahrenheit before it kicks off. So then I figured maybe it was the power adapter/battery. So I tried it with my new MBP's adapter and it still turns off... so anyways, I called apple and they said that I'm not under warranty anymore and that I'd have to pay for any repairs... so before I send it back out anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong and how much it'd cost to fix? Also, do you you guys think if i threw a fit maybe I could get this thing fixed for free since i've been having such a crazy time with this computer. Thanks for any and all advice!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.