Moshi iVisor anti-glare protection screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I have had the iVisor screen protector (aka Moshi-matte screen guard) sitting in my possession (not in use) for a couple of months now. I finally got the nerve up to put it on my new 13" Unibody MacBook Pro. First off let me say that:

I'm THRILLED with it ! I waited so long I guess, because I was actually scared to be in an environment with too much dust etc, and would mess it up. Since I bought it at J&R in Manhattan, and I'm now in Hungary, I'd have hated myself if I botched up the installation process. Well:

It was easy as pie to put on. I did however prep for the even like quite the lunatic...

Cleared the bathroom out of all the towels, floor mats and anything which could potentially hold dust. Got out all other items which were mobile, cleaned the washing machine to use as a base, and wrapped the washer's hose with paper because it had dust on it.

Used Radtech's cleaning solution and great microfiber cloth (very suede like in material) I got evey little mark off, then used a more traditional microfiber cloth to make sure no dust specs were left and then crossed my fingers...

Went on in less than 20 seconds without a hitch. Just lined up the iSight hole and let it slide gently down the remainder of the screen, all the while making sure that there were no bubbles by gently padding and brushing the screen in the same direction. Oh, I also used a pair of hypo allergenic gloves... of course.

The end result ? Wow. DRASTIC improvement ! I'd say that it almost matches (perhaps it does match, don't know) the matte screen on my 15" MacBook Pro in terms of glare resistance. In terms of how it looks ? The only reason I know it's on is because of the hole for the iSight camera.

There is absolutely NO gap between the edges of the black bevel screen and the protector. They really cut this thing perfectly. I h.a.t.e.d..... the glossy screen, and vowed to never again get a laptop which had one (glossy), but now I'm absolutely :

delighted, overjoyed, ecstatic, euphoric, joyous, gleeful, jubilant, beside myself, exultant, rapturous, walking on air, on cloud nine, in seventh heaven, jumping for joy, in transports of delight, on top of the world, over the moon, on a high, tickled pink and truly noice.

I can't recommend these highly enough.

Oh, and in case anybody asks: I can barely, if not at all tell any difference between the before and after in terms of how items on the screen look. I would say that nothing is blurred and that the sharpness level is basically the same. If you go pixel peeping though, you might be able to convince yourself that it's any different.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.