annoying option widow problems

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this the wrong forum for such:

It seems every time I start Safari it works great but after awhile I get these annoying popup windows with option to choose from I'll even move my cursor over to the desk top and click and get that option window, I try relaunching finder and restarting safari or Mail program and after the restarts every things fine but after a few minutes maybe 10 or so I have to restart the programs again. Some times I need to restart the whole thing I found the classic rebuild desktop option and have tried that but the annoying option window keeps coming back, has anyone else had this problem or know if it's just an OS X glitch or something? Probably just the operator but could use some advise here I tried explaining it to apple care they had me reload Safari .....but it's back! And I'm getting ticked ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Have you in Safari preferences (general) clicked block pop ups? Or if that's not the issue, repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions <posted steps just in case<

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
i followed those steps, thank you guys. After witeshark's suggestion all seems okay ....I'll let you know.......... Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.