Safari Shift+Enter

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a brand new mac user. I really liked safari and want to use it, but I couldn't find a shortcut.

As you know, when you enter a word like "apple" on the address bar and press ctrl+enter in firefox, chrome or IE, it automatically adds "www." and ".com"

I came across a post that is saying it is shift+enter in safari but I couldn't get it work. I am using Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Safari 4.0.3

Thank you!

PS: Also there is F6 shortcut to go directly to the adress bar, is there a Safari equivalant of this one too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
From Safari Help:
To go to a webpage by entering the webpage address:
Highlight any text that’s currently in the address field (at the top of the Safari window).
Type the address.
Most web addresses are in the form “http://www.example.com.”
Do one of the following:
If you’re visiting the page for the first time, press Return or Enter after typing the address.
If you’ve visited the page before, as you begin to type, Safari automatically completes the field with the most likely match.
If the site Safari suggests is correct, press Return or Enter to connect to the site. If it is not the site you intended to visit, check the list of suggestions, drawn from your bookmarks and browsing history. Click the site you want to visit.

To avoid needless typing, type the key part of the address and Safari will fill in the rest. For instance, to visit “http://www.example.com,” type “example.com”.

So, you just need to add the ".***" yourself! :

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pro 13"
One of my favorites features of Safari is that if you go to Preferences CMD+,
Set 'New tabs open with = Same Page'
Then, you are navigating and press CMD+T.
The new Tab has exactly the same navigation history than the previous Tab. You can go backward and forward using the navigation arrows.
This feature does not exist in Firefox or IE.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
CMD+ALT+F search bar

Alt=Cmd (same key)

Cmd-Option-F opens the search bar
Cmd-F takes you to the search box in the toolbar

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.