Does early order = Tiger?

D

djmitch

I'm wondering if Mac has done this with previous major OS upgrades: If you order a Mac a few days before a new OS release like Tiger, will you get Tiger even though you should technically get Panther?

I'm a soon-to-be switcher who just can't wait any longer to place an order for my Mini, but I also want Tiger. If I order, say, this Monday April 25th (4 days before Tiger is released) and my estimated delivery time is 2-4 weeks, would Tiger be included?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It is a good chance that either the system will be preloaded with Tiger or the media maybe in the box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
And it's not Mac that makes Tiger, or builds the Macs, but Apple.
brand = Apple
product = Mac

:cool:

OP
D

djmitch

Avalon said:
And it's not Mac that makes Tiger, or builds the Macs, but Apple.
brand = Apple
product = Mac
I knew this already - I must have been in a hurry or something because I wasn't thinking straight.

Anyhow, concerning my original post, I decided to order a Mini on April 23rd after I read some Google news accounts of some people already receiving Tiger who had pre-ordered it. This got me pumped, so I thought I'd order a couple of days earlier than planned. Hope it pays off with free Tiger!

OP
S

SamG

I ordered an iMac earlier this month which was dispatched on 8 April - before the Tiger release date was announced. I called the online store while the Mac was in transit and Apple (UK) added Tiger to my order free of charge. Due to be shipped on the 29 April.

Sam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.