Printing via USB connection not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook | Core2Duo 2.2GHz | 4GB RAM | 120GB HDD | OS X 10.6.2
Hi!

I've got an HP LaserJet P3005 printer in my office at work that's connected to my Intel-based MBP there running Leopard 10.5.8 that, a couple of days ago, decided not to work any more (I think it was due to the latest security update -- not too sure).

So here are the symptoms and the fixes I've tried:

Symptoms:
-sees the printer (shows green light with "IDLE/Default" status), but when you try to print it shows "Connecting..." and the the error "Printer busy (status 0xe00002e9)" -- which I've googled but haven't gotten anything useful from it
-if I disconnect the USB cable, the status is reflected in the OS (i.e. it'll show the red light with disconnect/offline status)
-using the HP Config Utility, I can print the printer's config info (but obviously that is of no use to me unless I want multiple copies of the config page only :p)

Things I've tried:
-restarting
-plugging the USB cable into different ports
-using a different USB cable
-removed and re-added printer (which by the way, the OS detects without any problems)
-running "Software Updates" again which notified me of an HP printer driver update (installed, MBP rebooted, but still no luck...)

I really don't know what else to try anymore so was hoping maybe you guys might know something about it.

Thanks in advance!

-G

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like something has caused a conflict. Have you tried deleting the software, removing the printer, running the software CD to install new version, and adding the printer under System Preferences?

With Lexmark printers, by trial and error, have found sometimes the older drivers work better.

OP
2Hit6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook | Core2Duo 2.2GHz | 4GB RAM | 120GB HDD | OS X 10.6.2
Yeah, I've tried all that -- not since the "HP Driver update" earlier today, but I'll try what you just said again tomorrow

*fingers crossed*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.