Uninstalling programs ... error

M

mac_newbie

I'm a recent switcher . I have an iMac running 10.3.9.

I had installed CheckPoint's SecureClient for my work. I accidentally deleted a file from it and need to reinstall it.

So, I dragged all of the SecureClient files to the trash bin, emptied the trash, and rebooted. Then I downloaded the program again. When I try to re-install it, it says it's still installed.

How do I fully remove it? Is there a file somewhere that is like a library of all the programs installed that I have to edit and delete it???

Thank you!

OP
J

Jefe3223

you could use the find feature to search for all files related to SecureClient, then trash those.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
mac_newbie said:
I'm a recent switcher . I have an iMac running 10.3.9.

I had installed CheckPoint's SecureClient for my work. I accidentally deleted a file from it and need to reinstall it.

So, I dragged all of the SecureClient files to the trash bin, emptied the trash, and rebooted. Then I downloaded the program again. When I try to re-install it, it says it's still installed.

How do I fully remove it? Is there a file somewhere that is like a library of all the programs installed that I have to edit and delete it???

Thank you!

In finder, run a search for the term 'SecureClient' and delete any files that appear. You probably have a .plist file or something that is making the install program think CheckClient is already installed.

-Chris

Dang! Jefe beat me to it. :p

OP
M

mac_newbie

I just tried that, searched for all visible and invisible files containing SecureClient and CheckPoint. But it still says it's installed.

Any ideas?

OP
K

Kokopelli

I realize this is a bit of a cop out, but have you tried contacting CheckPoint's support? They should be able to tell you how to fix this, I am sure you are not the first to have this problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.