Strange message in iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
When I try to access the iTunes Store in iTunes I get an odd message about updating Safari. I don't use Safari, as I prefer Firefox.

So now I can no longer buy expensive DRM music from the iTunes Store. Oddly enough, the Amazon MP3 Download Store does not seem to require Safari. It also does not use DRM.

Sort of shot yourselves in the foot with that haven't you Apple? :Smirk:

Just out of interest, in case I decide I need to use the iTunes Store again, what has Safari got to do with iTunes please?

I thought only Microsoft had a compulsory embedded Browser. :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
Well for one, iTunes no longer uses DRM on their music.

For two, did you try running software update? The iTunes store may require some of of Safari's files to properly run the store browser.

Keep us informed!

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Updating Safari with Software Update fixed iTunes thanks.

I hate being forced to install or update something I don't use in order to fix something I do. Oh well, no harm done so far, as far as I can tell :\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.