bootcamp partitioning error

Reaction score
I had bootcamp and Windows installed. Then I decided to enlarge the Windows partition. That required deleting the partition then recreating it. So I did the delete portion. But now when I run the create portion I get an error saying "Verification failed. This disk could not be partitioned. Use Disk Utility to repair this disk".

So I used disk utility (Repair Disk Permissions) and it found a bunch of permission problems. But after that when I "Verify Disk" it finds the same permission problems.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Reaction score
Next time when you want to resize your Bootcamp partition, there's no need to do all that.
There's an app that does it all in an non destructive manner.
It's called CampTune.

Regarding the problems you're having... have you tried a simple restart?

Reaction score
Here's a thread that may offer you some help...

The forum does have a search option, so you can find previous posted similar issues.;D

Good luck

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The last time this issue came up (just yesterday), what worked for the user was to run a Verify/Repair Disk in Disk Utility on the Macintosh HD volume, disable all Login Items in (System Preferences => Accounts => Your Account => Login items tab) and then do a cold boot (shut down, turn off and boot back up). Once that was done, he was ready to go.

OP
E
Reaction score
Here's a thread that may offer you some help...

The forum does have a search option, so you can find previous posted similar issues.;D

Good luck

That suggests that I boot to the install CD and run the tools. But when I boot to that it says it will install. I'm afraid to click continue because I don't want to wipe out what is on the hard drive now ... does anyone know if the Retail Mac OS X Leopard CD has the tools option?

Reaction score
does anyone know if the Retail Mac OS X Leopard CD has the tools option?

It does....

I'm afraid to click continue because I don't want to wipe out what is on the hard drive now
That won't happen, don't worry, you have to actively push the delete button.
If you don't, you'll be fine, just boot holding the "C" button, go through the steps until you see the taskbar at top of the screen, and select disk utility from the drop down menu.

From there it's same as normal, do the permissions repair, disk repair, etc.

Post back the results

OP
E
Reaction score
I ran the Disk Utility from the Install CD. The Verify Disk Permissions shows lots of lines like this:
Permissions differ on "System/Library/CoreServices/AirPort Base Station Agent.app/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r--, they are lrw-r--r--.

I then ran Repair Disk Permissions. It said "Permissions repair complete" but then when I ran Verify Disk Permissions again, it gave the same errors.

Then I ran Verify Disk. That gives an error that says "Invalid sibling link" "Volume check failed" "Error: Filesystem verify or repair failed". So I tried Repair Disk and that gives the same error.

Reaction score
Well, it looks like you're last resort is to back-up your system and format the lot, and do a clean install.

This has been going on for a while now, and it will take no more than 1.5 or 2 hours to do, so I think this is the best solution I can think of at this point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.