iPod Touch battery indicator incorrect

Reaction score
Pardon me if this has been posted before. I have searched the forum but can't find anything.

I have an ipod touch and the battery indicator shows after playing for just 30 minutes that the battery is low. After another 45 to 60 minutes it shuts down. When I dock it for recharge the indicator show that the battery is close to being full. Any ideas on why or what I can do?

Thanks
skullboy

Reaction score
How long have you had it? And how heavily have you used it? IPod batteries (any batteries, in fact) naturally lose their ability to retain a full charge over time, for example, a battery that lasts for 6 hours when first purchased might only last for 4 hours after a few hundred charge cycles.

It's conceivable, though I'd say unlikely simply because 60-90 minutes is just so much less than the original life of 6 hours, that your battery has lost a lot of its charge capacity. Seems unlikely though; call Apple if it's still under warranty and they should replace your battery. You can get a new battery if it's out of warranty, though it'll cost you.

OP
skullboy
Reaction score
I had it for a little over a year. One thing I have noticed since posting the message was that it runs down while playing music. Once I stop music, lock it for a moment, the battery indicator shows the real battery life. Very strange.

Reaction score
I had it for a little over a year. One thing I have noticed since posting the message was that it runs down while playing music. Once I stop music, lock it for a moment, the battery indicator shows the real battery life. Very strange.

Okay, what's the OS version? Generation? -I ask this b/c we don't know if you have a used one, or brand new.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.