Delete Invisible Files

Reaction score
Hi there. I've got a bunch of invisible files on my desktop. My finder doesn't see them bit other programs can. How do I delete these files?

I noticed a thread on this topic from 2004. He had the exact same problem as me but I didn't understand the recommendations.

Thank you in advance.

Gidmeister

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which hidden files that are on your desktop you wish to remove? Removing certain files that are hidden may result in unexpected crashes and some things like your desktop not functioning correctly. Post the list and the troubles you're having with other programs seeing them.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
The invisible files are called .$$ Stuffit Temp and then a string of numbers. They are not giving me troubles directly but I suspect that deleting them will free up a gig or two on my hard drive.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. You can safely delete the temporary files that Stuffit created when compressing or expanding files\folders\programs. Actually, Stuffit should have deleted them when it was finished.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.