copy link to email

Reaction score
When I copy the url in Safari and paste it into the middle of an email, the link does not get highlighted to show that it is a clickable link. How can I copy and paste a link into an email?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Instead of pasting the link, right click the email wherever you would normally paste and select "Link" from the drop down menu and paste it into the box that pops up. Then it will do what you are trying to do.

An additional method is to type any word first (like LINK or HERE), highlight that word, right-click it and then follow the steps I mentioned above. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Even thought the link you pasted into your email doesn't appear to be active, it will be when you send it. Send one to yourself to see.

OP
J
Reaction score
works sometimes

mymacrox

When I right click and choose add link, some times it works and sometimes not. Sometimes when I copy and add the link a random word in the current line gets highlighted as if it is a link. Sometimes the dialog box just does not come up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.