macbook pro adapter on an old white macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
Anyone know if you can use the 85w mag adapter on the old white macbooks... I have both in the house and am wondering what would happen if the kids plug in the wrong one to their macbook... trying to decide if I need to keep the 85watt adapter out of their reach when I'm not using it or if it would matter if they plugged the wrong on into their machine.

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can use the 85w mag adapter on the old white macbooks... I have both in the house and am wondering what would happen if the kids plug in the wrong one to their macbook... trying to decide if I need to keep the 85watt adapter out of their reach when I'm not using it or if it would matter if they plugged the wrong on into their machine.

No problems. They wouldn't make the connectors compatible if it would cause damage.

Reaction score
Its actually better, my old adapter died on my early 2007 macbook so i went to get another one and they recommended the 85w one because it doesnt get as hot as the original.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.