IM and Facebook chat client

Reaction score
Hi everyone:

I'm new to the forums and I'm looking for a desktop client that supports AIM and Facebook Chat. I've been using Adium for the past couple months, but the Facebook Chat part of it has stopped working.

I tried Palringo, but had the same problem. Can anyone recommend an alternative? I know Trillion and Digsby are supposed to be great programs, but have not come out for Mac yet.

Help!

Thanks in advance.

T

todd51

I think Adium is the best your going to get as far as an IM client goes on Mac. I know what you mean by the Facebook chat not always working. I'm sure they'll work this issue out with further updates, they usually are pretty good about releasing updates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Facebook chat usually works on a consistent basis with Adium, the only problem I'v noticed is that it has stopped working 2 days ago and I turned it off. I don't know if its back to working or not but it could be a problem with Facebook, since you are now experience the problem with many different clients.

Since my class is about to start I can't really look into it, but maybe you should try to see if anybody else is experiencing problems with facebook chat through external clients.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
The Adium folks just released a new beta that fixes the problem. If you want to download it, the easiest way is to go to the General tab in Adium preferences and tell it to include beta versions. Then just have Adium check for an update, and you will be all set.

Keep in mind that this is beta software, so while it appears it fixes the Facebook problem, it may have other problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.