Help! Both mouse buttons are right-click

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Hi. So I just installed USB Overdrive on my 10.6.1 iMac 2.66, and one of the buttons was conflicting; I thought it might be an issue with Apple's official mouse & keyboard prefs. So I went in, and I accidentally switched the right click/left click, and now I cannot click on ANYTHING because both buttons are right-click. I tried restarting in the hopes that USB Overdrive would override the system prefs, but no dice. Could someone help? Is there any way I can manipulate system prefs without the use of clicking? Thanks!

also note: sticky keys are off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
So far what I've got is:

At the desktop, right click and use the arrow keys to go down to "Change desktop background..." Once at the desktop preferences, Cmd + up arrow will get you to the home screen of system preferences. From there you can type into spotlight (the cursor should already be active) "mouse" and it will highlight the mouse prefs. Hit enter. Now I'm still trying to find a way for you to switch the right click back so you can at least use your mouse (with opposite clicks) to navigate faster and find a way to fix the issue. I'll keep at it.

OP
Meyvn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah. I can open system prefs just fine, even open that particular menu. Just can't change anything without clicking. Is there a file I could trash maybe to return it to default?

OP
Meyvn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got it fixed! All I had to do was go to the system prefs, right click the USB Overdrive preference pane and click remove, then restart the computer. now it's back to the OS X-only based driver, and I can switch the buttons back to what they were. phew. thanks everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
Oh cool! Bet you won't do that again. Lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.