Microphone for my g4

M

mogwai

HI

I need to connect a cheap microphone to use with skype. The conventional pc mics dont connect to the g4 cause the jack is thicker

how can i connect one without buying the iMic USB Audio interface

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

what system are u running? iMac eMac iBook powerbook powermac....etc

OP
F

Foreverfadesx

go to a store like guitar center and buy a mic cable with a 1/4 male pug then get a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter and that should plug right into the g4's mic plug.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Starting with the Digital Audio (DA) and through the Quicksilver, they took out the Analog mic Input that was on the G3's and Sawtooth G4's. They put the Input back on the MDD's. My friend who owns a DA got a Griffin IMic which plugs into a USB port, I have one plugged into my Keyboard USB hub on my Mini. Gives you a Mic and Line level input and sounds quite good. It's maybe $30 or so and works well. That would solve your problem.

If you check the two Jacks at the top of your Quicksilvers back panel, one is a Line out and one is a Speaker out. It really bugged me they took out the line/Mic in on those machines.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

if you are using ti for skype... dont they make a usb headset mic and speakers??

OP
T

theDVshow

mogwai said:
do usb microphones exist? never bumped into one

yes, USB microphones exist......probably your best bet without worrying about purchasing extra connectors.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.