macbook pro doesn't recognize charger?? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Reaction score
I've had my macbook pro for about 5 months, it's the aluminum unibody one, early 2009 model. A few nights ago I spilled apple juice on it : (
the keys were all extrememly sticky and simply whiping the keyboard wasn't doing the trick so i started taking the keys off and cleaning them. Well i accidently broke one of the keys soooo I took it into a local computer repair shop to see if they could just clean all the juice out and fix the key.
And also after the juice was spilled the I think the battery got fried. I could only run the laptop with the charger plugged in. So anyways I finally got my laptop back and they said everything is fine on it now and I bought a new battery online.

When I got my macbook home I put in the new battery and it was at about 80% so I was going to let it die and then charge it up. The battery died and I plugged in my charger and absolutely nothing happened. The light on the magsafe didn't turn on, or the computer didn't even recognize that the charger was plugged in. I also put in the old battery and tried plugging in the charger and nothing happened. I couldn't even run the laptop just off the charger like I previously was able to do.

Well I took the laptop back into that shop and basically said, well this wasn't a problem before I took it in, and when you gave it back, now it's a problem..

And by the way, I tried plugging the charger in different outlets that I was sure worked, and I don't think the charger is the problem at all.

Now there saying I might need a whole new logic board, or motherboard, which ever one is right.

I'm basically wondering if anyone has any recommendations that I should try before having to spend an insane ammount of money on a new logic board.

I didn't take my macbook into the apple store because I thought they would just say, well we can't do anything because it's accidental damage, and they charge the **** out of everything. That's why I took it into a local repair shop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.