Dust in LCD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: Mac OS X 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Memory iPod: 120 GB Classic
I KNOW all of you that have had a iPod have experienced dust particles in their screens and know what im talking about.It looks like a small discolored pixel. BUT has anybody ever encountered dust in their LCD on their MacBook? Will the Apple care plan cover this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
wow... have not seen dust get behind any laptop screens with the exception of Tablets.

I would assume if you can prove that it is dust they would probably take care of it ..

The only problem you may run into is the acceptable Dead Pixel clause..

If you are close to an apple store make an appointment I was very surprised and
impressed with them the last time I went in.. They helped me out immediately no
questions asked..

Good luck

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: Mac OS X 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Memory iPod: 120 GB Classic
Dead pixel clause? Never heard of that... apple cover that? cause theres this 1 pixel i can see, its not a big deal i was just concerned cause i don't want more & more to show up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
sorry it took so long to get back to this but if you check out this write up on apples sight they never actually say dead pixel's but anomalies and that there are an acceptable amount.. this is taking about their Studio displays but I'm sure theres an internal doc about laptops as well.. About LCD display pixel anomalies but you may have good luck at the apple store like I mentioned before.. they were very good to me. in the past.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.