Wifi DHCP IP problems

Reaction score
Well just recently something weird happened to my macbook. I turned on my router, booted up my mac and then I had no internet conectivity. Tried turning Airport off and back on to see if that would work but it didn't. Went to Preferences and checked the network part and I noticed I was beign asigned an IP that was totally different from the ones the router usually gives. This one started with 168 and the normal ones start with 192.

Right now I'm surfing because I configured everything in a static way: my IP, my gateway, my DNS servers, network mask. This didn't happen before. The last thing I did was to try out Little Snitch for a couple of minutes but I haven't uninstalled it yet, but I doubt that has anything to do with this. My Desktop PC is connected through Ethernet and doesn't present this issue. Haven't tested any other laptops though but I checked the configs on the router and it's set to give the right addresses and all the right configs.

I'm using Snow Leopard up to date. Any ideas why is this happening?

Thanks for your time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you try rebooting your router? Turn it off for several minutes and then turn it on again. Leave the setting as "Using DHCP". Don't use a static IP address.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.