Download Question

F

fade

Downloading CS4 and it's in a 10 part .dmg file. Will this build itself when i download the last part or will I need to do something to make it work? Currently when one section is done it says mounting failed. Just want to know if I need to do anything special.

OP
T

todd51

Sorry, but this sounds a LOT like some illegal software downloading, which we cannot discuss here since it's against the rules.

OP
F

fade

Sorry, but this sounds a LOT like some illegal software downloading, which we cannot discuss here since it's against the rules.

Know what they say about assumptions???

The question is about a multipart dmg. You could answer it and not assume things, or you could assume things and prove you aren't bright enough to ask me where the file was coming from.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
A quick google search yields this.

No personal insults please..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
As far as I know, downloading Adobe CS4 for Mac is a 5.5GB single file.

There is no multi-part .dmg for it from Adobe.
In fact, multi-part .dmg files simply don't make sense when I think about it.
What site are you downloading it from?

OP
F

fade

I'm too used to searching here so when I didn't find what i was looking for I asked. Admittedly, I'm not a master of the search feature.

Edit to add: this was supposed to be a thanks to Raz0rEdge for answering the question I asked.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
From what I know the trial (at least in Windows) is a a huge executable, so I imagine it'd be a huge DMG file in Mac as well..

Regards

OP
F

fade

As far as I know, downloading Adobe CS4 for Mac is a 5.5GB single file.

There is no multi-part .dmg for it from Adobe.
In fact, multi-part .dmg files simply don't make sense when I think about it.
What site are you downloading it from?

Not getting it from Adobe. I'm a poor, broke college student working at Kohl's throwing boxes off a truck to get thru school. As such, my school is kind enough to provide student copies for the graphics design people. I start next semester and thought I'd brush up on my PS skills a bit before class starts in January. I haven't used PS since v5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
From what I know the trial (at least in Windows) is a a huge executable, so I imagine it'd be a huge DMG file in Mac as well..

Regards
It is... in fact and by funny coincidence, I am in the middle of downloading it right now at work.

As you can see by the attached image, in Windows, the package is a single 3.78 GB file.

cs4dl.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Pretend I said something witty.

Instead of that, I'll pretend that you apologized to todd51. Both take some imagination.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.