MacBook screen messed up

Reaction score
White MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM HD, Not under warranty.

So, I took my Macbook apart to do some mods to the case. Yes... I took everything apart and dyed the case. This went great. Case looks great. This is not my first macbook teardown and everything went smoothly. I had the machine half back together and just plugged everything in to make sure all was still good. At that point everything was great. Monitor came on, booted up into OS X and displayed it great.
Then, I put it all back together the way its supposed to go. Got my last screw in and then booted it up. All I got was a white screen. I then plugged it into an external monitor and what do ya know... i have a desktop on the external. Everything works except the macbooks LCD is stuck showing nothing but bright white. I assumed this was either a cable not plugged in all the way or the LCD somehow went bad.
So I took it all apart again and checked all connections, and even plugged in another LCD into it to make sure it wasnt a bad LCD. Nothing but white even after that.
So basically it seems as if the LCD is working but not getting any video signal......
Could this be a bad ribbon cable? Could I have pinched it putting it back together?
Computer works great, I know I didnt fry the GMA950 because im typing on the machine right now with the GMA950 running an external monitor.
Any thoughts?
Thanks guys

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree with your assessment of the problem. More than likely a bad video cable internal from the board to the monitor. The only way you're going to find out is by swapping it out. Have you tried flexing the cable and pushing down lightly on the board connection while the machine is apart? Ribbon cables are very fragile (they get brittle from heat) and will separate internally without any outward indication. I have had it happen on electronic equipment, not just computers.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.