Buying a MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hey I'm buying a MacBook Pro but I don't know wich one I should pick. 13" is kinda a nice size but the 15" can have the 2 graphicscards. I'm kinda thinking I'll use it for school, some PhotoShop maybe and som animation programs (like 3Ds MAX, Maya or something like that). I'm from Denmark so the prices are like this. A 13" goes from what would be 1750 USD and the 15" goes from what would be 2450 USD. So wich one should I pick? I have about what would be 2950 dollars, but I'm not really sure if I wanna spend it all.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you can afford to spend the money on the larger and more powerful 15" MBP, (and you don't mind carrying around the extra weight in your backpack) purchase it. However, for your needs the 13" model will also suffice. Maybe with the money you save by buying the 13" model you can purchase a nice large external monitor to use at home.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I second this choice. 13 will do the job and be easier to carry around. But I do have to say that I have the 15, and really have no complaints about the size, weight etc. When you really think about it, it's not that much more to carry around. Personally I went for the 15 for the extra screen real estate, the faster processor, and both graphics cards.

You'll be good and happy I think with which ever you go with. Just depends on whether or not you want to spend the extra $$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I went from 13 to 15 to 17. The 15 is the sweet spot in my opinion. The 13 was just a little too small for me and I would rather not use an external monitor and spend the money towards the 15. Now that I have the 17 I would never go back to either the 13 or 15 ;)

Just my two cents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
I have a MacBook 13" and I absolutely love the size and portability.
Only when I use Photoshop I sometimes wish for a larger screen.
If I had the money I would definitely buy a 24" Apple LED Cinema Display or something similar for when I am at my desk.
The large screen would also be great for watching movies. But then again it is always a small hassle to get it all set up every time I would take the laptop to some other place in the house.
Decisions Decisions :\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.