Videos Stop in browsers

Reaction score
Hey All,

Here's the issue I'm having and I really hope you can all help me with it. I bought my Macbook about 4 mo's ago, and about 2 mo's after that I bought my wife an iMac. I updated both of them to Snow Leopard and they are both always updated.

In my browers (both Safari and Firefox), any embedded video I try to play stops about 20-30 secs in and won't load anymore. If I hit the refresh button, it will start to play again before the page reloads. I've waited long periods of time hoping it would load, but it never does. It doesn't matter what type of video it is (youtube, facebook, ect) it always does the same thing. It also happens on my wife's computer.

I know it's not the internet connection because I can download movies at a rate of 1 mb/s and everything else with my internet works fine.

Hopefully there's someone out there that can help.

Reaction score
You might wanna check the QuickTime settings. Go to System Preferences > QuickTime > Advanced > Mime Settings > Miscellaneous. Is the Flash option checked or unchecked?

Uncheck it, if it's checked.

If you've done any recent updates on your system, have you also run Disk Utilities and repaired your disk permissions?

OP
P
Reaction score
There is no Quicktime under System Prefs. I am running Snow Leopard. I have also repaired permissions and cleared the cache.

Reaction score
You can download a pref pane for quicktime X here.

Sorry about forgetting to mention this;D

Reaction score
I must admit, I'm a bit at a loss, with this one...:(

Hopefully someone will come by, and look at things from a fresh perspective, cause I can't see the forest, cause there's trees in front of it....;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.