Problem sending mail from home

Reaction score
Hi and thanks in advance for your time.

I have read a million threads with similar problems and still have not found a definative answer!

I have a mbp and have mail set up with a gmail account and a work account. The gmail always works fine however the work account will receive and send emails fine when I am at work but will only receive when I am at home.

Any experts on this subject?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is that particular GMail account setup as POP 3 or iMap? Check out this article and see if it helps you to understand why you can not send while at home.

LINK

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
The gmail works fine although i have now changed this to imap, its the work account which wont send unless i am on my works network??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
With nothing more to go on than "work account" I doubt if anyone is going to be able to give you any idea about what the problem could be. The solution is in the details.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Talk to your employer's computer people.

It's possible that they've deliberately set it up so that it can only be used from within the company.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.