New demos from my Ithaca based metal band

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
This band is currently going by "Don't Go Into the Woods"

Here are a couple of the songs we've been working on. These are practice run throughs, recorded with the condensor for some tracks, without for others. On the times without condensor, it's just my aluminum macbook's built in mic.

Anyway, these songs are pretty epic, and despite not the best performances or recording quality, I know some of you (Kevriano) will enjoy this. :)

The Gale Winds - This is our newest song, which we threw together finally tonight... this recording is the second time it has ever been played in its entirety (November 2, 2009). This recording was also done with my MacBook's built in mic with the laptop in the next room from the practice space with a door slightly ajar between them. A bit of reverb added for ambience post production in Garage Band.

From Under the Oak - this is from October 20, 2009, recorded with my MacBook in the back corner of our second practice space, our drummer's basement. This one sounds much better, but the condensor still isn't in play. Actually, come to think of it I'm not going to upload any of the condensor recorded practices a) weren't as solid, and b) I don't have the audio cut up yet.

Plowing Through Existence - this is one of our first 3 songs from February 2009, but my favorite of the three. Also recorded October 20.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Nice effort DR even though of the recording quality. Very dark but like the From Under the Oak track.
Is that your voice doing the vocals ??
Next you will be looking for a manager and recording studio... Well done :)

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is me doing the screaming, which is... awesome. Haha. As for looking for a studio and manager, I'll record us myself. Maybe a manager, but we're all pretty intelligent dudes. I mostly have just been lazy and didn't put in the time to set up and get everyone done track by track yet. I could do it though. :)

Thanks for the love!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
YW :) just wonder though, because it is a awesome scream...... How do you take care of you vocal chords ?? Or do some naturally able to take that sort of punishment? I struggle if i need to yell at dog at the top of my lungs, getting that tickle in the back of the throat and having to cough....... Couldnt do it .... Better you than me lol :)

Reaction score
Like tattooed said, great effort, I've played in a band myself (in the old days) I was lead guitarist and singer, and it's just great to get together and just GO INSANE!!!

I do feel that the drummer hasn't been doing it for very long yet.
He needs to work on his double base drum.

Other than that, time is on you're side and practice makes perfect.;D

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To take care of your vocals chords when you're singing like that, it takes a lot of control. I am sort of a scream "nazi" in that if I heard someone's scream and it sounds all loose (modern hardcore bands tend to do this giant open throat vomiting of air), I'm not a big fan of it. But playing saxophone as long as I did helped me get the idea of what to do. You've got to channel a very direct stream of air against one part of the back of your throat. So yea, it's not great for your throat, but you can protect your actual singing range by doing that. :)

Thanks SureMac, and yea, Matt's actually a pretty killer drummer. He's only been doing it for about a year, but we also drink a fair share at practice, which I think both holds us back and helps us get better. If we get to an acceptable level of playing when intoxicated, then we play sober the next night, it's a way better performance usually. This is basically our third practice back after a summer long hiatus because of work. Gettin' there though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.