Windows 7 Questions

Reaction score
Ok I have already posted a similar topic but I saw this video

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

(I could not get the video link so you have to go to the side window and go to the windows 7 on mac)
for those who are to lazy to watch the full video my question is that do i have to have my os xsl install disc to do a full install
(I have the SL upgrade disc)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If I understand your question correctly....

The short answer is no. Your Snow Leopard DVD is a full install DVD and will do either a clean or upgrade installation. However, in the spirit of the EULA, if you purchased the $29.00 SL DVD, you are supposed to already have a license for Leopard.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
Well My question is do you have to have the upgrade disc (SL) to install the drivers metioned in the video
Sorry this is a bit confusing

F

fade

If I'm reading you correctly, you want to know if you need the OSX SL disk to do a full install of W7...

You can use bootcamp and get windows installed, you only need the OSX disk for drivers. I dont know if the upgrade disk will work for that or not.

OP
A
Reaction score
ok I have the osX disk i just wanted to know if i needed the sl upgrade disc as well and guess not so thanks every one!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Andler:

You can use the Snow Leopard DVD to install drivers to an already running Windows installation. Just insert the DVD while Windows is up. Doesn't matter if it's XP, Vista, or even Win 7. Hope that answers your question.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.