Warped Lid

J

jessica

First--I searched these forums and found nothing. I used "warped lid" "warped" "warped powerbook". Just to be clear so I don't get flamed. :smile:

I just noticed my lid is warped and it is possible that my powerbook rocks. I can repeat the issue on many surfaces, but not all. I attribute that to the surface not being level. HOWEVER, this lid does not lie. It is about 1/16th of a inch off on the left side.

My powerbook was delivered on 3-1-05. Will apple repair/replace?

OP
I

IChing

no they will not replace it, at the apple discussion forms (apple) do your search there for answers. Luckily, mine doesn't seem warped when I sit in on a surface, the aluminum is malleable and I heard people taking opposite corners and tweaking it slightly and having good results. There are little clear plastic pads you can buy that even out the distance upon closure. I don't know the link, but have seen it in the powerbook discussions a few months back. Don't worry but research it a little, perhaps someone can provide a link. The company also makes an interior pad sleeve thingy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
but come on a 1/16 of an inch is nothing! Your screen will flex a lot more than that, they are meant to.

Stop worrying and enjoy your toy ;)

OP
J

jessica

inflexion said:
but come on a 1/16 of an inch is nothing! Your screen will flex a lot more than that, they are meant to.

Stop worrying and enjoy your toy ;)

wait for your first flaw. then come back and talk to me.
solutions to my questions don't normally include someone telling me to not worry. thanks for the insight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
jessica said:
wait for your first flaw. then come back and talk to me.
solutions to my questions don't normally include someone telling me to not worry. thanks for the insight.

In a roundabout way he was trying to help you find a "solution to your problem." He was simply stating that he believes this is well within the normal specs for the powerbook. This information may help you in two ways; a) it may save you time from a fruitless effort of trying to get Apple to replace or fix somthing which they likely won't, and b) his intention was to put you at ease and reassure that you have nothing to fret over allowing you to rest assured that nothing is truely 'wrong' with your equipment. I don't like when build quality issues like this are considered acceptable any more than you do, but that doesn't make it right to be sarcasitc with someone that is just being realistic with you. If you genuinly have the free time to 'gamble' on it and try and convince Apple to fix this minor build defect, more power to you. I honestly hope you get it resolved. The prices we pay for this equipment certainly warrants such close attention to detail. Good luck.

-Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.