Font Book Problems In Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2x2.8GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM, 320/500GB HDD, 8800GT
Ever since I upgraded to Snow Leopard, I've been unable to to access Font Book, getting the message:

"You can't use this version of the application Font Book with this version of Mac OS X. You have Font Book 2.1"

I've re-installed SL twice, to no avail and haven't been able to find FB 2.2 available to download by itself anywhere. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a work around?

Thanks

OP
OPBJJ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I just ran it and got the same message.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hum not sure what to tell you. I just checked my own font book and it launches just fine. It's version 2.2, I did an update from Leopard and not a clean install and haven't had any major problems thus far.

Is there any particular reason why you need font book? There are other font managers that are more powerful and I think easier to use. IE. Linotype Font Explorer X.

OP
OPBJJ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm using Linotype right now, it just bugs me that something on my machine inexplicably doesn't work properly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Perhaps you could try removing font book and font book.plist, back up your system, and then reinstall snow leopard, and see if that fixes it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.