Dare I Say It?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MBP w/4GB of Ram
I gotta tell you. I have Windows 7 running as a guest on Snow Leopard via VMware Fusion and I must say, I'm really digging this Windows 7. By no means am I saying that I'm leaving my beloved OS X behind. I'm just sayin' tho.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I gotta tell you. I have Windows 7 running as a guest on Snow Leopard via VMware Fusion and I must say, I'm really digging this Windows 7. By no means am I saying that I'm leaving my beloved OS X behind. I'm just sayin' tho.

Sounds good to me. Windows users deserve to have a decent OS too!;) Which would also mean a decent OS for us Mac users to use as well!:)

- Nick

Reaction score

That is good news as I am also a Windows user via Fusion on my MBP. I'm glad all three (OSX, VMware Fusion, Windows 7) are working great as I planning to migrate from XP to 7 on my virtual machine in within the next few months.

OP
Mac_Daddy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@ Pigoo- Nothing wrong with having the best of both worlds!

@Sputacus- You definitely won't be disappointed. I have 4 gigs of RAM on my MBP and VMware allocates a gig to the VM and ~40 gigs of disk space by default. Right now, I have Pandora Jam, the Windows 7 Vm and Toast all running and I don't even hear my fans.

Activity Monitor reports that VMware is using just about .3% of my processors capacity.

I love this.

Reaction score
Been running Win7 in a VM since the beta release - no question that this is the best Windows ever made, and what Vista should have been for MS. I think they will do well with it, and it's a good option for us Mac users as well via BootCamp or VMs. And it's been running very well in just 1 GB of allocated RAM - really amazing when compared to Vista.

Cheers

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You'll find many users running Windows in some capacity around here. Many of us are not Apple fan boys and have no problem running Windows in some fashion.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You'll find many users running Windows in some capacity around here. Many of us are not Apple fan boys and have no problem running Windows in some fashion.

I did a reinstall on the netbook of Windows 7. Haiku was nice for an Alpha but I need an OS on the netbook to do everything I do. Windows 7 is the finest running OS I have ever used on that Acer Aspire One. Very close is Open Suse 11, but the battery life is maybe 20 minutes longer in Win 7 for some reason! nice getting over 2 hours on the netbook!

Besides the netbook, I have a SLI Gaming Machine I built myself with XP SP3, a couple of Dell Worstations running XP SP3 for some video conversion, a back up XP Gaming machine in case and my AMD 64 Bit Laptop with Vista Ultimate.

So yes I run Windows here but on Windows machines! I like to keep my Macs OSX only! I really purchased the Macs for OSX. :D

And yes, I agree for some it's handy to have a notebook with both OSX and Windows for work, school and other uses. One machine to do it all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
So yes I run Windows here but on Windows machines! I like to keep my Macs OSX only! I really purchased the Macs for OSX. :D

What, so now MAC running on your labtop ??? Sorry couldnt refuse .. :p

Now im looking at a a cheap machine to solely run W7 now they have finally bought out a decent OS.
Havnt needed or been interested since Vista was such a dog. Will also double as a learning machine for my 6 yr old so in the coming years he doesnt get left behind. Every year that goes buy kids are needing some sort of computer at school age. Nice OS to get him going.

Cheers

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I did a reinstall on the netbook of Windows 7. Haiku was nice for an Alpha but I need an OS on the netbook to do everything I do. Windows 7 is the finest running OS I have ever used on that Acer Aspire One. Very close is Open Suse 11, but the battery life is maybe 20 minutes longer in Win 7 for some reason! nice getting over 2 hours on the netbook!
I'm surprised you lasted this long with Haiku. Don't get me wrong, it's a great OS but not everyday use ready. As for the openSUSE battery life, did you check the battery settings? They are two different OSes though so there could be many reasons for the battery life differences.

Reaction score
I'm a fanboy of OSX-FUSION-WINDOWS running great on my MBP!!!

(That's right, I admitted that...)

OP
Mac_Daddy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@ Sputacus- I told ya!

I've also added Ubuntu into the mix. So this is what I have running on my MBP:

Vmware Fusion with Windows 7 & Ubuntu VM's
Parallels with Windows XP sp3 (for work but I may migrate it into Fusion)

After testing both Fusion and Parallels, I've decided to go with Fusion. It's seems to perform better to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel MacBook White, iMac G3 Strawberry, iBook Clamshell Indigo.
I always have an XP partition on my MacBook. I ran the beta of Windows 7 for a while. Worked well! I would happily move from XP to it. Never even bothered considering Vista, thankfully.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.