Networking Snow Leopard and Windows 7 machines

Reaction score
Hi,

Out of necessity, I needed a PC in my office and need it to network it with my mac running Snow Leopard. Both computers are connect via Ethernet cable to the Airport Extreme hub.

Can anyone please provide some instructions on how to do it? This is driving me crazy!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
If by "networking" you mean file sharing, then I can help. I'm not yet familiar with setting up file sharing in Windows 7, but this guide claims to work for 7. Once you have it configured correctly, your Windows computer will show up in the Finder sidebar in the SHARED section. As for OS X, simply open System Preferences and check the File Sharing box in the Sharing preference pane and then add the folders you want to share to the list. Any other settings are just as simple in Snow Leopard—just check their boxes in the Sharing pane—but you might have to look up a guide to set up other shares under Windows 7.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: Mid 2009 13" MacBookPro 2.26 GHz, 5 Gb, 500 GB, OS X 10.6.5
I am not sure what your needs are, but if you are looking for accessing the computer, I use remote desktop connection. Here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.