Bootcamp Partitioning Problem

Reaction score
I tried using bootcamp to partition and load Win XP on my MacBook, when it boots from the xp disc it only sees one partition and it is always seen as 131gb no matter how larger or small i make it. Any ideas on what could cause this? I already had to reload 10.6 as it erased it.

Reaction score
You mean you tried, or you actually partitioned the drive using Bootcamp?

OP
M
Reaction score
I partitioned it with Bootcamp and with the boot disk. After i partition and reboot with windows in the drive it fails to recognize anything other that a single 131gb partition. It has never been partitioned that size.

Reaction score
And when you're running your MacOSX... do you see a second partition there, labeled "BOOTCAMP"?

Reaction score
Okay, weird....
Try restarting in MacOSX, load the bootcamp assistant, restore the HDD into one MacOSX partition.
Restart, load the bootcamp assistant again and create a new partition.
Try the 32GB option.
Insert your Windows Install Disc
This time don't install via the bootcamp assistant, but restart wile holding the option key, and choose "Windows".

It should install now, if it doesn't there must be something wrong with your install disc.

OP
M
Reaction score
i have tried multiple discs, one stated error booting from cd drive, one just went to a black screeen with a blinking cursor, and one does what i described, ill try that tonight and get back with the results. thanks btw

OP
M
Reaction score
ok well i figured it out, i finally found a disc that boot camp liked, i guess it was just the copies of xp it had a problem with. Thanks for all the help.

Reaction score
You are very fortunate to have so many XP discs, I myself can afford only one.;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.