What personl finance app do you use?

Reaction score
In the near future I am going to move up from my 10 yr. old iMac and am going to have to get a new personal finance app.
I currently use an old Quicken and sometimes Moneydance, not impressed with either but 10.3 doesn't offer much choice and am going to moving up to SL in a new machine when version 2 is released.
Not wanting to spend a lot on a personal banking app. I am leaning to iBank and would like to know if anyone is using it and their opinion.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I've been using Mint ( a free website ) that works pretty well. You can set it up to grab all the transactions from various accounts you have and it allows you to keep track of it. It also has other nice features like trends to see where your money is going..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I looked at a handful of personal finance worksheets, but none seemed to be tailored to what needed, so I made my own. Started in ClarisWorks, moved to AppleWorks, now in Excel. I customize it to my needs. I suppose some software out there is flexible enough to do that, but this isn't real complicated...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 Late 2013
Quicken 2004, for Windows. Sigh....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
I use Quiken 07, but i am still running Tiger. I am also trying to start my own spreadsheet in Excel. still working out the bugs, but it is functional

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check out iBank. A bit pricey at $59.99 but does just about everything. Sure wish MS would have made a version of "Money" for OS X. :[

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Sorry to admit it but having tried most mac programs I still rate MS Money (running under Fusion/XP). Unfortunately. many of the mac ones are for US market only or are simply not as feature rich as Money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Sorry to admit it but having tried most mac programs I still rate MS Money (running under Fusion/XP). Unfortunately. many of the mac ones are for US market only or are simply not as feature rich as Money.

Udating my post here to say that I've been trialling iBank and am on the verge of buying it when the trial period runs out. After the initial 'aaarrrggghhh its not Money!' feeling, I'm really getting to like it - esp as it's UK friendly and it's well supported with a busy user forum to ask those dumb questions that always crop up whne using something new.

Reaction score
I've been going through this evaluation since January . . . currently demo'ing iBank. Used to be Quicken Windows user but lot a like of folks left them once I switched to Macs.

Seems like nothing does it all . . . by "all" all I mean is download transactions (just checking, savings, credit cards), have budgeting and reporting, and have a mobile app so you can check budgets on the go. Seems like all do 2 of those 3 but not all 3. I'm not crazy about using Mint and putting all my financial data in the cloud.

Reaction score
I've always used small, free programs that allowed me to show my budget however... I never really thought about using an Excel sheet... I might jsut create one with the info I already have tomorrow during down time...

Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.