Orange unveils iPhone price plans (UK)

Reaction score
I've been waiting a couple weeks for this to be announced, although they aren't as cheap as I would have liked. Well here they are. I think I'll go for the 24 month contract at £29.36pm plan. Not exactly cheap, but the reason I'm going to go for it is because I need a new phone, I need a new iPod and I could do with a camera. Also, the reason I'm going for the 24month contract is because of the slightly cheaper 32gb version at £225. The monthly charge I can handle. But the extra lump sum to pay up front for the phone would hurt me a little more. Plus my Mum will probably give me some money towards it as a Christmas present. So hopefully I'll be riding the iPhone train soon!! :)!!

What do you guys think? Tempting?

By the way, hope this is the right forum for it. There is a thread in the Apple rumors section. But this is more fact than rumor lol.

EDIT: There is a 750mb fair usage policy on the so-called 'unlimited' Internet browsing. I'm sure that will be enough for me, but surely certain people (especially business men) are going to need more??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Is Orange UK the second carrier in the UK to sell iPhone?

OP
Batman Bill
Reaction score
Yup, Vodafone will apparently be the 3rd next year.
Main reason I'm not waiting for Vodafone is because Orange and T-Mobile (another large UK network) are merging. Therefore Orange will almost certainly have the best network in the UK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
At least you have a choice in the UK, Here your stuck with Att unless you decide to unlock.

OP
Batman Bill
Reaction score
Well up until now you didn't have a choice. I heard AT&T suck. It made me laugh at the 3G S announcement when they announced the MMS features and how AT&T wasn't yet doing it followed by a loud sigh from the audience lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I read somewhere the UK carriers are going to offer official unlocking also?

OP
Batman Bill
Reaction score
Not heard anything about that, could be true. Personally it doesn't really bother me too much anyway as I'll be taking a 24 month contract.

OP
Batman Bill
Reaction score
Just got off the phone from o2 (my current phones network) to ask for my PAC code to transfer my number to the new Orange contract. She asked my why I was switching networks and I said because the Orange iPhone contract is cheaper for me on there. Then she started talking bollocks about the internet browsing saying that Orange's 750mb limit will last me a week even with light usage, lol.. yeah right. I know it's not a huge ammount of data, but personally I won't need alot. It'll be more than enough to check emails and facebook, maybe download an app or something.

Also, I went to the Orange shop today and got a leaflet I have to fill out for pre-order. You have to put £60 up front for it. I'll be putting mine down tomorrow. I doubt it's the same in the bigger Orange shops but my local one said they will only be getting iPhones in for pre-orders on release day. So I guess if you go to the shop without pre-ordering one then you have no chance on November 10th. So for anyone interested in going to Orange, I suggest pre-ordering.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.