hyperlinks in mail

Reaction score
Why is it that when producing an e-mail on a PC it is as simple as can be to send a hyperlink, but when doing the same on a Mac it just does not work? I have seen a number of threads suggesting that hyperlinks do work on the Mac and that I simply need to look at what is in the 'sent mail' or that I can send myself a copy of the mail to confirm that all is OK. What I have confirmed is that all is NOT OK and the hyperlinks are simply not created. Even entering the word "hyperlink" in the Safari help simply suggests that Apple denies the existence of such an idea.
Is there a setting I have yet to find out about? Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
So, you're saying you can't create a link in an email using Mail?

I'm sure there's more than one way, but the way I do it is type a word in the email like "this" or "link" or a description of the website. Then highlight that word and right-click on it, and then select Link from the drop down menu. Paste the web address in the box, click OK, and that's it.

Please clarify if your problem is different from what I'm interpreting.

Reaction score
Why is it that when producing an e-mail on a PC it is as simple as can be to send a hyperlink, but when doing the same on a Mac it just does not work?

I just tried this to see if I could duplicate it. What I have found is that it does not act like a hyperlink in the creation of the email, but once sent and opened/previewed the links were showing up like I expected them to. Do you have a better example of the link you are trying to embed?

S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Even entering the word "hyperlink" in the Safari help simply suggests that Apple denies the existence of such an idea.
1. Don't use Safari's help for Mail. Use Mail's Help.
2. Search for just plain "link" instead of "hyperlink."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.