• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

imovie/idvd 09

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17in GS Macbook Pro 3.06ghz, 4gb ram, 500 hdd 7200 rpm,9400m and gt graphics
hi all

just sent a project to idvd and picked one of the menu screen selections but on the Revolution one is there any way to change the wording going around the clip being played on the dvd menu screen?

also

in imovie how can i select a external harddrive to save all projects,works and imports to as when importing it will only allow me to select the macbook HDD

cheers

Reaction score
i found saving a project to an external hard drive an issue aswel. The way around it is, make the file in imovie, then before you import all the video info, save it over to your hard drive. Then open it up again, this time it will save to its original location, that being the x hardrive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
For the Revolution text, I think it only takes on the title that is near the top. Double click that, change the text, then click somewhere else to de-select it. The change will appear.

When you import video, a window pops up. Near the top of that window is a popup that allows you to choose the drive. That is the same window where you use a current event or set a name for a new one.

If you want to move events to another drive, hook it up and it should appear in the even library list on the left side. Drag the event to be moved to that other drive. You may have to also remove it from the previous drive. You can do the same thing with projects I think, but when creating them, you may have have to first hi-lite the drive of choice.

There are several folders iMovie creates in your Movies folder by default. They are "iMovie Events", "iMovie Projects", and when needed "iMovie Sharing" and I think "iMovie Original from speed conversion". I just noticed that last one. Anyway, the first two can also exist on the top level of external drives. NEVER mess with these files as far as changing their names or moving them out of their place. Yes, it can be manually moved, if you know what you are doing.

P.S. Now that I thing about it, "iMovie Original from speed conversion" is probably a backup I made due to some processing I did.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17in GS Macbook Pro 3.06ghz, 4gb ram, 500 hdd 7200 rpm,9400m and gt graphics

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.